FM 200 solution
Historically, the most widely used Halon 1301 replacement, FM-200™ provides waterless fire suppression without leaving behind residue or particulate.
Features of FM 200
• Safe for human occupancy.
• Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
• Discharges in 10 seconds or less to extinguish fires rapidly, minimizing damage to high value assets.
• Appears on US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) list
• Designed in accordance with NFPA 2001.
• UL listed and FM approved.
• Marine system with USCG and ABS approvals also available.
What is FM-200™?
FM-200™ (HFC-227ea) is formed from the elements carbon, fluorine and hydrogen (CF3CHFCF3-heptafluoropropane). The primary extinguishing mechanism of FM-200™ is heat absorption, with a secondary chemical contribution from the thermal decomposition of FM-200™ in the flame.
FM-200™ fire suppressant (HFC-227ea) can be safely used where people are present.
When used at standard design concentrations, it is safe for occupied spaces. FM-200™ leaves no residue. Most common metals, such as aluminum, brass, steel, cast iron, lead, stainless steel, and copper, as well as rubber, plastic, and electronic components, are unaffected when exposed to FM-200™ (HFC-227ea).
TYPICAL AREAS OF FIRE PROTECTION
• Telecommunication facilities
• Computer rooms
• Control rooms
• Historical archive storage
• Art galleries
• Pharmaceutical and medical facilities
• Record storage facilities
• Offshore Platforms
• Engine/Generator Rooms on Marine Vessels
• Bridges of Ships